If you are wondering whether you can or should repeat your outfits and how you can do it efficiently and still feel stylish and have fun? Then you have come to the right post. I am sharing some easy ways I have been able to do it lately without feeling guilty or the pressure of constantly updating my wardrobe.
There are a few factors that we need to understand before you can jump in and take the steps. Because if you don’t have the mind set change, you will never be able to enjoy the process of being an outfit repeater.
So, let’s get started.
Why You Should Repeat Outfits
Let’s start with why you should repeat outfits because sometimes you might not feel the reasons strongly. This is often the biggest reason why women feel compelled to shopping more and more. This brings me to all the reasons why you should wear outfits again:
- You will start shopping smart. When you wear same or similar clothes over and over again, you would know exactly what you need and you will be inclined to invest in pieces that are high quality instead of cheaper but poor quality ones.
- You will dress effortlessly. Practice makes everything better and the same applies to putting together outfits. When you do that over and over again, you get better at it.
- You will build a personal style. I have a whole video that explains how to build your personal style, and this is a key step to that.
- You will feel more confident. This is a cascading effect of being able to put together your outfits better.
What Does Repeating Outfits Mean Exactly?
Repeating your outfits does not mean to exactly wear the same top and bottom everyday. This also does not mean you are repeating the same combination again and again. So, let’s see what does repeating your looks exactly entail.
- Building an outfit formula. And it does not have to be the same outfit formula. Coming up with a few clothing combinations that you know will always look good on you. For me, I know that Straight leg jeans and a nice relaxed fit top looks great on me. So, I repeat the outfit formula in different combinations of top and jeans. The same way I know that a fit and flare dress always looks great on me, so no matter what color or print I pick, I know what silhouette of the dress I need to get which will flatter me the most.
- Coming up with a color combination formula. This is another combination of top and bottom that you would be wearing and picking common color combos that look good together or they flatter you the most. You can then confidently put together outfits knowing that and create outfits that look amazing on you.
Benefits of Repeating Outfits
There are some clear benefits of repeating your looks:
- You will look chic and stylish every time because you have figured out what looks great on you.
- You will pay attention to details and in the process build your own signature style.
- You will save time rather than getting frustrated with putting together outfits.
- You will love what you wear and you will confident about it.
- You will actually start investing in your closet and value that instead of looking at clothes & your wardrobe as wear and throw.
How to Not get Bored
This is what most of us are afraid of when we think about repeating clothes. We don’t want to get bored with our style. Now, please don’t avoid this if you really want to be an outfit repeater. Because, in the process if you do get bored, you will hate it and will never be able to find your true style.
There 3 easy ways you can repeat your outfits without getting bored.
Play with Colors
This is my favorite way of staying on trend and on season without really switching out my outfit formula. In winter I would wear a black jeans and top, but I use the same outfit combination in spring by switching the color. Instead of black jeans, I would pick blue jeans.
The same applies to my dresses, or even skirts and tops. Just by switching colors you can easily repeat outfits but not really repeat outfits.
Accessories can change everything and this applies your outfit repeating game as well. Easiest way would be switching the jewelries you are wearing. Or change the watch.
You can also switch handbags, belts scarfs.
But my most favorite ones are sunglasses. This is an awesome way of transforming the same look to another.
Play with Prints & Patterns
This is something I have been experimenting a lot lately. I have been adding more prints to my looks and this definitely changes up the entire outfit, without a lot of effort.
My recommendation would be not to add prints or patterns together or in both clothing pieces. Just change your top or outerwear with a print or pattern piece and you will see a completely different outfit.
This way you are still refreshing your look, but you are not compromising on the fit and style of the garment.
Share your favorite outfit formulas and let me know how you want me to help you elevate it and change it up. Also, don’t forget to grab a free 30 days of outfit formulas that will help you create looks effortlessly when you don’t have time for it.