Love white boots whether its tall boots, ankle boots, combat boots, but thinking what are the best ways to style them. In this post, I am sharing a simple style guide and xx outfit ideas that you could use to wear them with all your outfits. The idea behind this style guide is to help you get used to these beautiful shade of boots that will for sure transform your outfits.
*This post is all about how to wear white boots and look good.
White boots are the new black boots. They have become a wardrobe essential that can elevate your outfits easily. White boots have a way of brightening your dark colored outfits without making you feel out of the place. They also go well with pretty much anything in your wardrobe just like black boots do. But the biggest reason why I love wearing them is that they look much more expensive than the black version and will make your outfit look expensive.
If you are a neutral lover, then these are better than nude boots because they look refined and classy because of the clean white shade. Your outfit looks so much put together with them. That’s the beauty of white color.
Best White Boots Brands
How to Wear White Boots
How to Look Nice in White Boots
Styling white boots is easy, because they can make your shorts and t shirt outfit stylish too. But if you really want to make your outfit look elevated and stylish but at the same time you dont want to put in a lot of effort putting together the outfit, here are some rules that will make your life easier styling white boots.
Tip 1: Style with something white
This is so easy to do, just make sure you have one more item in your entire outfit white. You can wear a white sweater, white t shirts, white blouse or a white jeans, skirts or even a dress.
If you dont want to do any of this, try adding a white bag. This creates a cohesiveness in your outfit and looks so good.
Tip 2: Dont wear all white
Yes, while I love this style and you will see an outfit in this post too, but if you don’t know how to style all white, dont wear it. Even if you want to try mixing patterns and fabric texture. All white can easily get boring if not styled correctly. But if you want to wear all white, check out this style guide to rock all white.
Tip 3: Show a little skin
This trick makes your outfit look effortless yet so thoughtfully put together. I know. If you are wearing ankle boots, try wearing midi skirt or midi dress to show a bit of your ankles. And this is key if you are trying to style white boots for winter weather where you are decked up from top to bottom.
If you are wearing tall boots, try wearing above the knee dress.
Tip 4: Wear Prints and Patterns
Prints and patterns easily make your outfit more interesting and stylish. And they will balance the simple white shade and make you look sophisticated. But stick to one pattern or subtle patterns if you are doing more than one. Otherwise your outfit might look too busy.
Can you Wear Tights with White Boots
And the plain answer is yes. You can wear black, white tights and even colored tights with white boots. But there are some tights that will look better than others.
If you are wearing black tights, I really prefer a little pattern, they make your outfit look much more interesting and personality compared to plain sheer tights.
The same applies to white tights, pick some pattern to create an interesting look.
Now if you are trying to wear colored tights, you should go for plain sheer ones instead of pattern since pattern colored tights will make your outfit busy anyways.
The only tights to avoid wearing with white boots are fleece lined. They do not look flattering as they look like pants with white boots. And depending on what you are wearing in the rest of the outfit, it might end up looking a fish mash of clothes.
How to Dress Up White Boots
There are two tips that will help you dress up your white boots outfits.
Tip 1: Use the Right Accessories
Whether you are wearing jeans, tights, skirts or dress, if you pick the right accessories to style your outfits with white boots, then your outfit will look put together and so nice. And you dont have to work too hard for it.
- Hats – Picking beret instead of casual beanie will make you look dressed up. Instead of short brim felt hat that is wobbly, pick a firm wide brim fedora hat. If you want to pick a beanie, pick a white cable knit beanie instead of a simple knit one. It will make such a difference.
- Scarfs – Always go for simple knit scarves. You can pick patterns or prints but simple knit, cashmere or silk blend scarves look sophisticated and stylish compared to chunky knit scarves.
- Belts – They can make so much difference. Pick a hardware buckle belt that will add some gold or silver detail to your look instantly making it stylish.
- Leather Gloves – This comes real handy when its below freezing degree, but they make you look chic and sophisticated. My favorite brand for leather gloves is Overland.
Tip 2: Pick the Right Style of Dressy White Boots
Not all white boots have the dressed up look and find the styles will give you the put together outfit you want to create. There are some ways you can find out which boots are dressed up and which are not.
- Pointed Toe – Boots with pointed toe have the dress shoe style and look nicer.
- White Sole & Heels – All over white boots will look dressed up compared to the ones which have a contrasting ones. The only exception combination would be the pointed toe white boots with black heels.
- No Weird Cuts – White boots that have weird cuts in the ankle or styles like cowboy boots don’t look dressed up.
Sharing some of my favorite styles of dressy white boots.
How to Dress Casually With White Boots With Looking Frumpy
Just slapping on some outfits together with white boots and making them look casual won’t make you feel your best with white boots. You can still wear them with dresses and skirts and make them look casual and still look nice.
Tip 1: Wear with Structured Clothes
Whether you are wearing with a dress or wearing it with jeans, adding a structured pieces like a structured blazer or coat will make you look stylish but still casual and cool. If you are wearing white boots with puffer coats, make sure that you wear dressy boots like the ones I shared above which will make your white boots outfit more put together.
Tip 2: Pick Casual Yet Chic White Boots
Some of my favorite styles of casual yet stylish boots are
- Lug Sole Boots – The lug soles add a casual touch, but the white color makes it look chic and sophisticated. If you want them to be even more stylish, go for all white boots. My favorites are from Sam Edelman.
- Lace Boots – Lace tie boots are also called combat boots and are one of my favorite styles in white that look chic and stylish.
- Block Heels – Instead of full flat, if you pick ones with a little bit of block heels, your outfit will look put together and elegant even in a casual pair.
How To Style White Boots
These outfits idea are created with different styles of white boots and can be used to recreate looks for spring, fall and winter. You can also use them for travel and cold weather travel inspirations.
Outfits with Pointy Toe Ankle Boots
Outfit 1: Blue Jeans + White Sweater + Colored Coat
Outfit 2: Raw Hem Jeans + Striped Top + Shirt Jacket + Fedora hat
Outfit 3: White Sweater + Tiered Maxi Skirt + White Blazer
Outfit 4: Short Sleeve Sweater + Wool Ankle Pants + White Belt
Outfit 5: Blue Cropped Flare Jeans + Black Sweater + Black Puffer Jacket + White Beanie
Outfit 6: Printed Mock neck Top + Blue Wide Leg Jeans + White Belt Bag
Outfit 7: Black Wide Leg Jeans + Yellow Mock neck Sweater + Plaid Wool Coat
Outfit 8: White Narrow Jeans + Black T shirt + Black Sweater Blazer
Outfit 9: Fair Isle Sweater + White Narrow Jeans
Outfit 10: Black Straight Leg Jeans + Yellow Sweater + Black Puffer coat
Outfits with White Block Heel Ankle Boots
Outfit 11: BlackLeggings + Black Sweater + Fair Isle Cardigan
Outfit 12: White Cardigan + Printed Pleated Maxi Skirt + White Felt Hat
Outfit 13: Polo Neck Sweater + Wool Side Leg Pants
Outfit 14: White Straight Leg Jeans + Tan Sweater + White Wool Coat
Outfit 15: Sweater Dress + Cable Knit Sweater
Outfit 16: Printed Midi Skirt + Sweater Vest
Outfits with White Combat Boots
Outfit 17: White Straight Leg Jeans + Colored Turtleneck Sweater + White Faux Fur Coat
Outfit 18: Black Faux Leather Leggings + Quilted Jacket + Belt Bag
Outfit 19: Black Straight Leg Jeans + Colored Half Zip Sweater + Black Puffer Coat
Outfit 20: Black Faux Leather Leggings + Black Turtleneck Sweater + Quilted Coat + Black Beanie
Outfit 21: Black Pleated Faux Leather Skirt + Printed Top + White Faux Fur Jacket
Outfit 22: Orange Monochrome Pants and Top + White Wool Coat
Outfit 23: Printed Full Sleeve Mini Dress + White Crossbody Bag
Outfit 24: White T Shirt + Orange Pants
Outfits with White Lug Sole Boots
Outfit 25: Black Skinny Jeans + White Turtleneck + White Wool Coat
Outfit 26: Black Straight Leg Jeans + White Turtleneck + White Wool Coat + Red Scarf + Beanie
Outfit 27: Black Straight Leg Jeans + Black Cashmere Turtleneck + White Wool Coat
Outfit 28: Blue Narrow Jeans + Yellow Sweater + White Sherling Coat
Outfits with White Tall Boots
Outfit 29: Monochrome Top + Midi Skirt + Wool Structured Coat
Outfit 30: Blue Skinny Jeans + Black Crew Neck Sweater + Black Puffer Coat
Outfit 31: White Sweater + Mini Dress + Belt Bag + Beanie
Outfit 32: Blue Faux Leather Leggings + Black Cashmere Turtleneck + White Blazer
Outfit 33: Printed Maxi Dress + Black Faux Leather Puffer Jacket
Outfit 34: Sweater Midi Dress + White Bag
Outfit 35: White Turtleneck Sweater + Colored Pants
Outfit 36: Mini Sweater Dress + Belt + Sleeveless Wool Coat
For more on women's boots, please read:
- How To Style White Ankle Boots with Block Heels
- Best Socks To Wear With Ankle Boots – No Show
- How to Wear Ankle Boots with Straight Leg Jeans Effortlessly
- Best Lug Sole Chelsea Boots That Does Not Look Like A Log
- Best Fit Straight leg Jeans You Can Wear With Boots in Winter
- Do’s & Dont’s of Wearing Midi Skirts with Ankle Boots